Monday, March 7, 2011

The Giver Blogpost

      I have chosen question number 1, would I like my future to be controled or not? Why or why not?


      Well, to this question, I think I would say no. I have three reason why want to say no too. Firstly, I think I don't want to be controlled because I still want to be myself and make my own choice all by myself although that could mean I might make a wrong choice but I also thought that I probably don't want to be controlled by someone and in the end, having a life that's not really even mine although I'm living. I say that because it's basically the person who's arranging me doing all the thinking but not me.


      Secondly, I thought if my life was all predictable, then I guess that my life won't be exciting because I won't have much surprises since I would already know what my whole life is going to be instead of been surprised by a lose of job or a job that's totally out of your prediction. I also think that you wouldn't have much feelings at all such as sadness because you have failed your test or happy because you have finally got the packet of Lego you really wanted for years!


      Thirdly, and last of all, I think I don't want a predictable life because I thought that won't involve much thinking. If people don't have much thinking, then people will probably easily get bored and maybe they won't be that smart either because their brains can't work as fast since they are not thinking too much. I also thought is would be stupid too especially when you thought that the person who thinks for you made a wrong choice for yourself but you are not able to apply for a change or anything. If that's so, then my life wouldn't even be mine!


      That's all of my reasons why I do not want my future to be predictable. But sometimes, I also thought that's a good thing too since anything have a bad side and a good side. I thought it might be good because then, I won't make a bad choice when I don't know which choice I make only!


      Here's a picture of the book "The Giver"... :


                         http://www.personal.psu.edu/alw5097/blogs/alyssas_lled_402_blog_-_childrens_literature/The%20Giver.jpg

      Enjoy :D!

1 comment:

  1. Nice post Zifan! I really like how you talked about your future and how you did'nt want other people to choose it for you. Not only that, but you also talked about your three reasons. You also included evidence to support your response and idea. It helped me get to know your personality better.

    ReplyDelete