Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Zifan's Learner Profile

     Yesterday, our class did a experience in humanities on our Learning Profile. The learning profile I got in the end is A, which I didn't find it too surprising about it. The parts of body that we have tested on are our brain, eyes, ears, hands and feet. It was all very fun to do.


     The profile says I learns best by focusing on the details. Processes by analysis, verbalization, and writing. But I think I also likes to learn by moving around and do hands-on things too. It also says I can learn best by auditory and visual. But I love kinesthetic and I found out I actually sucked at visual (I do like art a lot and can do really well though!!!!). I thought it was kind of surprising at this part because I know about this and I thought it was could of weird of it saying the opposite of what I thought. That's all about how do I learn best with.


     The thing I need to improve in as it says about me is that I have to control my level of stress or I can get angry easily. I thought it actually is very much true because I do get angry easily. Sometimes, I even get angry without knowing it, which means I have hurt my friends serial times already. I also found out that this is like the only part that I strongly agrees with what it says on the paper.


     The strategy/ies that can help me to improve my learning is maybe be more active (I don't know if that's true...) and maybe don't get mad too easily. I thought the don't get mad too easily part is like my weak spot because sometimes, I hurt people without knowing it all because I was kind of yelling at them when I talk to them. I'm not sure if I should be more active and do more hands-on things because I nearly do it every time if I can find a place to do so.


     The last thing is that I want my teacher to know that I am pretty much very even and probably OK with whatever the assignment is about. I also find out that I study better by sitting at the front a little to the left because except for my brain, I have everything on my right that's dominate to me. However, I do like to do things at different times. For example, if I'm really tired and I have to do a big end-of-unit test or do push ups in PE, I would be hating it forever. This is also why I get bossy and couldn't calm down because on my paper, it says I can easily get annoyed or angry. Sometimes I'm sleepy and just don't feel like moving around (even though I'd love to when I'm not sleepy). Art is something that's both OK and relaxing to me at any time. But I hate it if it just comes to talking with no action or with lot of instructions like "don't touch this and don't do that..." (No offense Mrs Paz!!). I think I'm still too active for all that and just can't sit still for a whole 80 minutes (unless I just have to do it with no other choice).




 Here's a picture of my profile person. As you can see, I am mostly right with my Brain left.


Enjoy :D :D

2 comments:

  1. You might want to check your words and sometimes they are letters instead of words so something that you could do and will help you next time is to spell check.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could also say how the experiments worked so that if the person who's reading this is curious and wants to know what their profile is, they will know how to find out.

    ReplyDelete