Sunday, November 14, 2010

Collaborative Literature Circle

     In class when it was humanities, we did a collaborative Lit. Circle. The partner I have chosen is Shin and I thought we did a good job. The book we are reading is called "Hatchet". It is written by Gary Paulsen. The book is very interesting and I have also described it in my last blog (you can scroll down the page a little bit to see my previous blog post) as well. Now I shall answer three questions about working with a partner. First...


1. The benefits of working with a classmate
     The benefits of working with a classmate is that first, we can all relax and focus less on it because we don't have that much work to do it on. The Reason that we don't have to do much work on it is because the other person will be working on some of it so you can have more relaxing time. The second thing that's good about this Lit. Circle is that we can get the other partner to check your work so if it doesn't make sense to him but make sense to you, then you'll have to change it because it might not make sense to the teacher who's grading them as well, which mean...BAD GRADES!!!!


Second...


2. Challenges / obstacles which you overcame (tried to overcome).

     This time, the obstacles I have overcome with my partner are the question part. The question part was really hard and we, at that time, can only come up with one question. We thought and thought about another one but at last, Shin thought of a good one and we put is on. This is one of the hardest part I think we have overcame and I felt really happy because at first, we thought we're going to fail.

Lastly...

3. New understandings that you gained about the novel.
     This time, the new things I have understood about this novel is that Brian is able to make a fire and he is also able to gather food for himself so he won't starve. I think those are very important and that is why this time, our passage on our Lit. Circle is about those two topics. I also knew now exactly what the secret Brian always have in his memories is and what it's about. This also allowed us to link to why Brian's parents got divorced. The last new thing I have discovered about this novel is that Brian got hurt by a porcupine. These are about all of the things I have understood this time about this novel.


Enjoy!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment