Monday, September 20, 2010

The time I've been bullying in Australia

         I always remembered the time that I had been a bully in Australia. That happened when I was in fifth grade in Australia (Australian schools start school earlier than in KL), I had much more friends through fourth grade at that time so me and my 6 more friends formed a little gang. The people in my gang didn't really like a guy called student 1 (he was Romanian), who was actually my best friend when I came to the school. So they wanted me to help them. At first, I didn't want to do it because it was my best friend and he helped me so much when I was new to the school, but after some times, I started to find out that he didn't turn out to good. Then, I thought that I, was actually the first one who ask Andy to be friend (even though, I wasn't that good at English, so when he asks "Are we still friends?", I would hesitate because I didn't understood what STILL means), so in the end, I agreed to help the other people in my gang.



        Now, I'm no longer in that school but then one day, in the summer holidays, I felt REALLY uncomfortable. After a few days, I finally know why I felt uncomfortable, I had recalled the time in Australia when I was bullying Andy!! I remember that day when we were all playing a game called hand-ball with my ball, I refused to let Andy play. And another time, Andy got bullied by my other friends and I didn't feel like helping him saying he didn't do it (because everyone thought he is a liar).


        Now in ISKL, I understood how bullying sometimes could really hurt other peoples feelings and desperate and I really felt especially sorry for bullying one of my best friend. Now I can do a much better job on not to bully, don't say yes to a bullying gang, try to at least let the person who got bullied feel better by talking to them if you don't dare to stand in front of a bully and just ignore what the bully said or did if they were bullying you.


        This year at ISKL, I desperately wants to make a difference on bullying, especially when some else had been bullied. I wish I can do ALL the things I listed above and I also wished I gets popular so no bullies will bully me (if there is one...) but not by bullying other people for that as well. That's one true story of when I, was a bully myself. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment