Monday, November 21, 2011

My Learning Profile

 Today, our class did a experience in humanities again on our Learning Profile. The learning profile I got in the end is an A again, which I didn't find it too surprising about because I got the same thing last year. The parts of body that we have tested on are our brain, eyes, ears, hands and feet. It was all very fun to do.


     The profile says I learn best by focusing on the details, small, little, details. Processes by analysis, verbalization, and writing. But I think I also likes to learn by moving around and do hands-on things too. It's true I like to follow instructions like it said on the paper (logic). It also said I can learn best by auditory and visual. But I like to learn with kinesthetics too. I thought it was kind of surprising at this part because I know about this and I thought it was kind of weird of it saying something other than what I thought. That's all about how do I learn best with.



     The thing I need to improve in as it says about me is that I have to control my level of stress or I can get angry easily. I thought this is actually quite true about me because I do get angry easily. Sometimes, I even get angry without knowing it, which means I have hurt my friends serial times because of that already. I also found out that this is like the only part that I strongly agrees with what it says on the paper.


     The strategy/ies that can help me to improve my learning is maybe be more active (I don't know if that's true...) and maybe don't get mad too easily. I thought the don't get mad too easily part is like my weak spot because sometimes, I hurt people without knowing it all because I was kind of yelling at them when I talk to them because they kept on screwing up. But I really thought the figure 8 strategy was nice to cool me down a bit although it doesn't really say that on the paper. I'm not sure if I should be more active and do more hands-on things because I do a lot of it.


     The last thing is that I want my teacher to know I am pretty much very even and probably OK with whatever the assignment is about. I also find out that I study better by sitting at the front a little to the left because except for my brain, I have everything else on my right that's dominate to me. However, I do like to do things at different times. For example, if I'm really tired and I have to do a big end-of-unit test or do push ups in PE, I would be really angry and not really in a mood to talk to anyone. This is also why I get bossy and couldn't calm down because on my paper, it says I can easily get annoyed or angry. Sometimes I'm sleepy and just don't feel like moving around (even though I'd love to when I'm not sleepy). Art is something that's both OK and relaxing to me at any time. But I hate it if it just comes to talking with no action or with lot of instructions like "don't touch this and don't do that..." and the rules for this and bla bla bla... because I'm not that much of an auditory learner (No offense Art teachers!!). I think I'm still too active for all that and just can't sit still for a whole 80 minutes (unless I just have to do it with no other choice or if I'm very interested in something we do).

This picture is from last year. I colored in better this year so it's not that confusing but it's just the same thing as it said on the last year's papers.



 Here's a picture of my profile person. As you can see, I am mostly right with my Brain left.


Enjoy :D :D

No comments:

Post a Comment